New: We are extending the deadline for our logo competition--- submit your logo by October 3rd, 2021 and you might win an award of $500 if your logo is selected! Read on for competition details.
The Ethics Bowl is entering a new phase that will bring Canadian students and educators exciting new opportunities. As of this summer, organizers assembled to create a new national organization called “Ethics Bowl Canada,” with the objective of bringing more events and resources to current and future participants. In addition to having an Ethics Bowl for high school students, we will also bring the event to college and university students, and reach new regions throughout the country. In the next few months, we will progressively revamp our website and documents to reflect our new identity. To that end, an essential step is to adopt a new beautiful and vibrant logo. Over the years, we have been so impressed by people who have taken part in our events that decided to seek your creative impulse. So, we are inviting submissions for our new logo. The winner will be awarded $500 for their creative effort.
Entries to the competition should be:
- Two versions of the logo: one with an approximate ratio of 1.2:1 (e.g., to use on the website’s frontpage) and one with an approximate ratio of 2.5:1 (e.g., to use as heading in letterhead).
- In English and French versions, including the words “Ethics Bowl Canada” and “Coupe Éthique du Canada” respectively.
- In color, and on a transparent background (if applicable). If drawn digitally, they should be submitted as vector files (e.g. .ai, .svg, .eps or .pdf).
- Representative of the fact that Ethics Bowl Canada is a national organization (e.g. through the use of symbols such as a maple leaf)
- Representative of the themes and values of Ethics Bowl Canada (e.g. the “Creating community through critical conversations” text in the bubbles on the current logo)